Papuru (パプル) is an unlockable playable character in Bombergirl. She has been present since the original version of the game, in which she was the only unlockable character.
A kind-hearted fallen angel Bombergirl who doesn't like conflict - that's Papuru. She happened to meet her partner Seija when she descended to Earth. She has joined the Bomber Battle in order to return to heaven!
"T-this is God's punishment...?"
|Hobby||"Reading. I like the heart-wringing feelings I get after reading things like romance novels."|
|Likes||"I like Western confections, especially rare cheesecake.? no-bake cheesecake But I do happen to eat too much..."|
|Dislikes||"I don't really exercise, so I'm bad at things like sports..."|
|Brand||"Sanctuary" (サンクチュアリ sankuchuari), a mature brand with a calm impression, full of girls who have a divine (angelic or godly) motif.|
Papuru is a Shooter. She is a Bombergirl who is effective at handling both allies and enemies. She can hit allies to raise their HP, and hit enemies to lower their HP.
Default skills are always available, while additional skills must be obtained through the Bomber Gacha.
Default Skill 1
|Team Level: Lv.3|
|Fire an arrow. Hit allies recover while hit enemies take damage.|
Default Skill 2
|Team Level: Lv.5|
|Generate multiple pillars that deal damage on collision.|
Additional Skill 1
|Team Level: Lv.4|
|Fire three arrows in forward directions. Hit allies recover while hit enemies take damage.|
Additional Skill 2
|Team Level: Lv.4|
|Fire two arrows arcing from her left and right sides in a circular pattern. Hit allies recover while hit enemies take damage.|
- The name "Papuru" is a corruption of the Japanese word パープル (Pāpuru), meaning "purple".
- The name and design of Papuru's partner Seija reference the Angel of Light and Shadow from Bomberman 64: The Second Attack!!
- Papuru's attire is a prison uniform, complete with shackles.
- Early concept art features a sketch of Devil Bomber's head, a Seija-type entity with his horns, and a general motif modeled after him.
- The Orthrus skill was added in the QMA X Bombergirl Crossing of Paths Gacha event on September 19, 2019.
- Cerberus and Orthrus were multi-headed guard dogs and brothers, in Greek mythology. The number of heads each dog had corresponds to the number of arrows Papuru fires in her respective skills.
- ↑ @bombergirl573 tweet, 7/19/2017. Accessed 3/22/2019.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 ボンバーガール, Konami Digital Entertainment, 2018-2019. Last accessed 7/28/2020.
- ↑ @bombergirl573 tweet, 10/20/2017. Accessed 3/22/2019.
- ↑ @bombergirl573 tweet, 8/17/2017. Accessed 3/22/2019.
- ↑ @bombergirl573 tweet, 8/18/2017. Accessed 3/22/2019.
|Bomber Gacha・Comics・Events・Merchandise・Single Battle|
|Aquablue Castle・Bomb Town・Christmas Town・Cyberspace・Halloween Town・Holy Evil Ruins・Karakuri Castle・KONAMI Arcade Championship・Panic Island・QMA Collab Town|