From BomberpediaJump to navigationJump to search
Bo-Bo (ボーボ, bōbo, or ぼーぼー, bōbō) is a burning wheel enemy that appears in some Bomberman games. It moves quickly, turning randomly when it collides with an obstacle. Because of its speed, it is recommended to keep it in a confined area and defeat it before it can escape.
In Bomberman '94, it appears on Achiachi Mountain.
In Super Bomberman 3, it appears on Achiachi Star.
Artwork from the Super Bomberman 3 Official Guidebook.
- "Bō" is a Japanese onomatopoeia for something burning.
- Bo-Bo is derived from the wanyūdō, a traditional Japanese yōkai. The wanyūdō is said to be a corrupt monk or daimyō who, in death, takes the form of a head embedded in a burning wooden wheel.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Super Bomberman 3 Official Guidebook, ISBN4-09-174043-X, Shogakukan, 1995, p. 27.
- ↑ Bomberman '94, HC93065, Hudson Soft, 1993, p. 8.
- ↑ Super Bomberman All Encyclopedia, ISBN4-09-281137-3, Shogakukan, 1995, p. 60.