Simon Belmont Bomber
Simon Belmont Bomber
Simon Belmont Bomber (シモンベルモンドボンバー, shimon berumondo bonbā), also known as Belmont Bomber, is a playable character who appears in Super Bomberman R. He was added in update 1.4 on June 29, 2017.
In Super Bomberman R Online, he is only available to players who have purchased the Premium Pack.
A vampire-hunting Bomberman from the Planet Castlevania.
He is the heir to the Vampire Killer, a sacred whip passed down through the Belmont Clan. As well as his trusty whip, he's also a deft hand with a range of other weapons--bombs included, of course.
In order to destroy his clan's arch nemesis, Dracula Bomber, he battles relentlessly against the monsters that inhabit Castlevania.~ Super Bomberman R Official Website
In the introductory cinematic for Grand Prix mode, Simon Belmont Bomber arrives on Planet Bomber alongside Vic Viper Bomber and Jehuty Bomber to help defend the Bomberman Brothers against Dracula Bomber's attacks. When asked by Vic Viper Bomber, he tosses his memory cartridge to White, granting him the Vampire Killer ability and showing the Bomberman Bros. their secret power.
Simon Belmont Bomber's special ability is the Vampire Killer (ヴァンパイアキラー, vanpaia kirā). By pressing the button, he will lash forward with his whip. Any bomb or player up to 3 squares in front of him will be swept to exactly 3 squares behind him, or to nearest obstacle. This can even be used to bring a bomb onto his own tile, allowing him to pass through it. If an enemy character is whipped, it remains stationary, but is stunned for 1 second. This ability has a three second cooldown period before it may be used again.
|Grand Prix Abilities|
Various copies of Simon Belmont Bomber's artwork were advertised on official Bomberman and Konami social media accounts before and after the release of the update that included him. The following images were posted on @officialbomberman on Facebook.
- Simon Belmont Bomber is based off of the design of the Castlevania protagonist, Simon Belmont, as he appears in the original Castlevania, produced by Konami.
- In the version 1.4 update that introduced him, Belmont Bomber's Vampire Killer had no cooldown period, and could be used repeatedly without consequences. In update 2.0, released on November 15, 2017, the cooldown period was added. The original behaviour may be seen in this footage.
- ↑ スーパーボンバーマン R 公式サイト, Konami Digital Entertainment, 15/11/2017. Accessed 23/3/2018.
- ↑ "Belmont Bomber! The memory cartridge!" - Vic Viper Bomber, Super Bomberman R Grand Prix introductory cinematic.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Super Bomberman R Official Website, Konami Digital Entertainment, 15/11/2017. Accessed 23/3/2018.
|Super Bomberman R Online|
|Gameplay Elements||Battle Stages・Grand Prix・Customization・Bomber Pass|